I have been wondering why we have become so dependent on chemicals to do everything. (Because we have been told that we must use all of chemicals through advertising.) We use products that have added so many unnatural, sometimes toxic chemicals to do what an organic, naturally produced product can do. What? Why would we want to use something so simple and cheap?
Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar Wow! Please use an organic product.
- Use to flea chase on your dog. Give your dog a bath and then spray “a mix of 3/4 apple cider vinegar to 1/4 warm water all over the coat and massage into the skin. Your furry friend will not only be flea-less but also have a shiny coat to boot! “ Also use to deter your cat from urinating outside of the litter box. After cleaning the urine spot, spray the it with apple cider vinegar to deter a repeat action.
- Allergy relief is a teaspoon away. Take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar followed by a glass of water. Add a teaspoon to your cup of tea also.
- Use a spritz of apple cider vinegar and water as a room deodorizer. It can also be used as a personal deodorizer. The author says that the vinegar fades while it neutralizes body odors.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used as a natural toner. Dilute it with one part apple cider vinegar and two parts water.
- Use as a hair rinse. It makes your hair shiny, but also “seals cuticles, reduces frizz, and stimulates hair growth.” Author Lauren Wade, says “run a few tablespoons run through your hair after you shampoo. . .” to achieve this.
- For a nontoxic cleaner use a “Mix 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar with 1 cup water, and use it as a natural and effective means of wiping down your kitchen and bathroom. If you aren’t in a rush, leave apple cider vinegar in your toilet overnight, and let it do the cleaning for you.”
- I have not read about this one—use apple cider vinegar on your teeth as teeth whitener. Rub or scrub it directly on your teeth.
- I have used this before as I have sunburned myself badly. Soak a washcloth with apple cider vinegar and dab directly on your sunburn for relief and author says to prevent peeling. When I burned badly all over my body, I filled a bath with cool water and lots of apple cider vinegar for a big time soak.
- Instead of using the super toxic Round-Up or other weed killer that kills everything around it, use one part apple cider vinegar and 8 parts water. This kills the weeds but does not harm the soil and other plants around it.
- Use apple cider vinegar and water to wash your produce” rather than buying “produce wash” from the grocery store. Mix 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a gallon of cold water, and use it to rinse your produce free of bugs, dirt, and pesticides. “
Felicia, who also posts here, told me she used a solution of apple cider vinegar and olive oil to clean her leather furniture of mud and dog smell. I have recently used a vinegar- oil solution as a furniture polish. It did wonders on our oak dining wood table and all my oak kitchen cabinets. It cleaned and made them shine. I thought it would end up greasy but it did not—just beautiful.
The 10 uses is a quick summary of an article by Lauren Wade on the website takepart.